Sunday 22 September 2013

Bro and Sis in Law - Anniversary Quilt

My brother and his wife celebrate their 10th wedding anniversary this month so I had the idea to make a quilt for them. It was hard choosing colours as even though I've known my sister in law for 10 years I couldn't tell you what her favourite colour is! Plus my brother is colour blind so there is no point asking him.

So I found a pattern I liked and decided to choose red, duck egg blue and neutrals as colours. I know she likes those. I got  Moda Winter's Lane jelly roll and charm pack. It has an awesome patterning with birds and snow and leaves.

It is roughly King size now its finished, I used a ready bought sheet to back it with and used a Moda red solid to bind it together. Finishing touches include buttons to tie it together and love hearts with embroidered writing to show key events in my brother and his wife's last 10 years together. It also has an empty square waiting for one more love heart event - baby number 4, due in December. so my work isn't over yet. Speaking of which I've made a baby quilt too. See next post.

I love it. I'm so proud of it, here's hoping they like it!




4 comments:

  1. he quilt is beautiful, and I am so glad they like it, it takes many hours to do something so beautiful as this hope they will treasure it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Elaine my sister in law really loves it. The kids think its great too having their names on it!

      Delete
  2. Saw your quilt a few weeks ago. The photo doesn't do it justice it really is lovely, beautiful colours. A real labour of love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks linda! Yes it certainly was a labour of love! Im really pleased with the result though. Elaine loves it.

      Delete